Plant-Source Calcium Magnesium
How would you like your calcium? Rock...or plant?
Certified Naturals Calcium Magnesium is made from Aquamin, a plant-source calcium that is more easily absorbed by the bones and contains 73 additional minerals to work with calcium in the human body.
Aquamin™ is a food source calcium and mineral complex made from the Icelandic algae Lithothamnion calcareum.
Why Aquamin plant-source calcium?
- Aquamin is a whole food source of calcium that is not mined from limestone. It is sourced from the red-algae plant Lithothamnion calcareum that grows off the clean coastal waters of Iceland. Researchers in recent calcium studies advise that humans are best to get their calcium through food sources - Aquamin is ideal for this recommendation.
- Aquamin contains a complex of 74 minerals, including supplemental levels of calcium and magnesium. Thirteen key minerals for bone health are found in Aquamin. Minerals work synergistically with each other for human health.
- Aquamin’s plant-like cell structure makes it a more porous form of calcium making it easier to absorb and less likely to cause constipation or stomach upset.
- Aquamin material is sustainably harvested under strict controls established by the Icelandic government for extraction methods and quotas. Only the calcified algae are harvested; new growth plants are not disturbed.
- Aquamin has undergone multiple clinical studies at daily doses of 800 mg per day of calcium, showing promise in the areas of bone health, joint health and digestive health.