How would you like your calcium? Rock...or plant?
Certified Naturals Calcium Magnesium is made from Aquamin, a plant-source calcium that is more easily absorbed by the bones and contains 73 additional minerals to work with calcium in the human body.
Aquamin is a food source calcium and mineral complex made from the Icelandic algae Lithothamnion calcareum.
Why Aquamin plant-source calcium?
- Aquamin is a whole food source of calcium that is not mined from limestone. It is sourced from the red-algae plant Lithothamnion calcareum that grows off the clean coastal waters of Iceland. Researchers in recent calcium studies advise that humans are best to get their calcium through food sources - Aquamin is ideal for this recommendation.
- Aquamin contains a complex of 74 minerals, including supplemental levels of calcium and magnesium. Thirteen key minerals for bone health are found in Aquamin. Minerals work synergistically with each other for human health.
- Aquamin’s plant-like cell structure makes it a more porous form of calcium making it easier to absorb and less likely to cause constipation or stomach upset.
- Aquamin material is sustainably harvested under strict controls established by the Icelandic government for extraction methods and quotas. Only the calcified algae are harvested; new growth plants are not disturbed.
- Aquamin has undergone multiple clinical studies at daily doses of 800 mg per day of calcium, showing promise in the areas of bone health, joint health and digestive health.
- M. J. Bolland, A. Grey, A. Avenell, G. D. Gamble, I. R. Reid. Calcium supplements with or without vitamin D and risk of cardiovascular events: reanalysis of the Women’s Health Initiative limited access dataset and meta-analysis. BMJ, 2011; 342 (apr19 1): d2040 DOI
- Shea KL, Barry DW, Sherk VD, et al. Calcium supplementation and parathyroid hormone response to vigorous walking in postmenopausal women. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2014;46(10):2007-13.
- O’Gorman DM, Tierney CM, Brennan O, O’Brien FJ. The marine-derived, multi-mineral formula, Aquamin, enhances mineralisation of osteoblast cells in vitro. Phytotherapy research 2012;26(3):375-80.
- Widaa A, Brennan O, O’Gorman DM, O’Brien FJ. The osteogenic potential of the marine-derived multi-mineral formula aquamin is enhanced by the presence of vitamin D. Phytotherapy research: 2014;28(5):678-84.
- Frestedt JL, Walsh M, Kuskowski MA, Zenk JL, 2008, A natural mineral supplement provides relief from knee osteoarthritis symptoms: a randomized controlled pilot trial. Nutr J 7: 9.
- Aslam MN,, Bergin I, Naik M, Paruchuri T, Hampton A, Rehman M, Dame MK, Rush H, Varani J. Nutrition and Cancer,(2012) 64 (7): 1020-8. A Multimineral Natural Product from Red Marine Algae Reduces Colon Polyp Formation in C57BL/6 Mice.